Followers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Zork ????


Ok here's the most uncommon classic. And it will be the only screenshot to show. 

Zork is a textual game where you basically type what you want to do and it writes back what happens on this wonderful DOS window. Even as a child I played some Amstrad games like this where you had to choose between 6 choices all the time. But here you have to actually write the whole sentance. I used to think that a game made that way couldn't have a nice gameplay. But I was wrong !

The way you use the verbs in Zork is really user-friendly and the game understand so many different way of saying anything that you don't even think about making the computer get what you want. I'm stuck not that far in the game so I can't really talk about the scenario but I played other Zork games and the background is gold ! Most of the game happens underground and there's many humoristic and satiric characters.

Last word will be that this game is extremly hard due to the variety of actions ! Even with drawing a map you get lost and some things are really hard to figure out. I think this is the only game I can't play alone. I heard a whole team managed to finish it and I guess you need several minds to end it.

Here's a link where you can play it on your navigator:
Try to find the manual online it's better being a bit prepared at least to save the game.
If anyone wants to join  teamspeak on a regular basis to finish it you're welcome.

45 comments:

  1. Looks kind of like ADOM, Ancient Domains of Mystery. Played the hell outta that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I appreciate the chance to try out this classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty interesting, I'm heading over to check it out now...really takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this before, and also heard it was quite challenging like you said. I actually think I have it on a 5.25" floppy somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I used to love playing these text based games back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh text games, fun :)
    www.neverboringnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a real mind melter. i might have to look for a copy to run on a mac. laugh if you must lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADOM ! Thanks mate I was looking for the name. See I'm french and I could play Zork only know that my english is ok. And the only game with whole sentance that was translated in french when I was young was ADOM :) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it really that fun? I tried some Seira games couple of years ago. They weren't bad but some of the solutions and commands were stupid. Guess I should try this since it is one of the classics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet, text based games, oldies but goodies. I'll definitely check out the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heard of this awhile back. Thought about doing this at one point in time, but to be honest it doesn't interest me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An oldie but a goldie. It´s this type of games that you as a kid will never ever forget the whole life. Thanks for bringing back the good old days. Cheers dude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! Love it! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dad talked about this game, or something similar, a while back. I think he started playing it a bit again.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man this is old school, definitely will be checking it out thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha, I can only laugh at text based games, my friend used to have a program where you could make your own text-based adventures and he used to re-create parties we'd been to with them XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Games like this remind of being a kid. And that makes me feel damn old!

    ReplyDelete
  18. yeah, know these type of games from my C64.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you know that kroZ is Zork written backwards?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Text Adventures - Always love them !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds awesome, looks like you need a lot of strategy! :-) followed
    http://ttroton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spent so many hours playing zork as a kid fantastic game. Following

    ReplyDelete
  23. Text games drive me insane. I might give it a try if I get really bored.

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice didn't play text game for a while

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have played a few games of this type in my time, but they have always had trouble in interpreting what I mean, so I prefer ones where you're given options really :/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually remember playing a game like this where the point was you were going out with a girl and depending on what you said shed either tell you to fuck off or sleep with you.
    Textual Sex. Hilarious.
    Followed

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks neat, I've actually never played a text game yet. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Man the only I truly enjoyed was the one on homestar runner years back. Get ye flask!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I played a similar game, can't remember the name though..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Always that one problem where you say something and the interpretation is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These games just piss me off!

    Hugos haunted mantion was pretty intense tho.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i like a game call crawl, it kinda of remembers me that game

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, sounds very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Doesn't get more awesome than this.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Played zork a bit now. Plenty of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  36. you had to mention zork ! ahahha i love this !

    Following (:

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love these old text dungeon crawlers. oh the nostalgia. try playing one without a guide

    ReplyDelete